Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Recap

I'd been wanting to meet up with my dad for his birthday (beginning of March), and we were finally able to work it out this weekend. We didn't want to just go out to eat, we wanted to "do" something too. I remembered my friend Hillary's post on the Strasburg Railroad, so I knew they would be open.

We met up in Lancaster, and went to a diner-type place for breakfast. It was ok, but not great. Definitely better places around town, like my favorite, Shady Maple.

Then, we headed over to the Strasburg Railroad to take Dash on a train ride. The ride was great. He actually remembered when I brought him to see the Day Out with Thomas a few months ago. He asked if the engine had a face on it:) It's a fairly short ride, but the conductor makes it fun by giving the passengers some history of the railroad and the area. Cherry Crest Farm is not open yet. That place is SO much fun for kids. We'll probably go back this summer.





Then, we went traipsing around Lancaster looking for a new camera. By the way, the Ritz Camera in Boscov's at the Park City Mall is no longer there. Saving YOU the trip. We ended up driving home and going to the mall. And, we bought this.


Hopefully you will notice a big improvement in my blog photos. If Mr. Incredible lets me use it that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment