Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trader Joe's French Roast Coffee

Since we've been very deliberate about making our coffee and eating breakfast at home every morning, I had decided to start buying "good" coffee (Starbucks). To avoid being tempted to stop for a latte, I need to have a good cup of coffee! I hit a few good sales and stocked up. Alice.com also has it at a very good price. I love it, but it is a little pricey for a frugalista like me.

I was at Trader Joe's a few weeks ago and picked up a bag of French Roast on a whim. It was $3.99, or maybe $4.99. Wow, we finally cracked it open this week and I am hooked! It really brews a great cup of coffee. I plan on stocking up the next time I'm there!

What's your favorite brand of coffee? What is your favorite Trader Joe's item?

This post is linked to:
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
Friday Favorites at The Other Mama

9 comments:

  1. We LOVE the pumpkin pancake mix from Trader Joes -- tastes just like pumpkin pie (all year long!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sniff* I am unfortunate enough to live in an area that does not have a TJ's. I've never been to one, and I feel like I'm missing something special!

    I love a good coffee too. I recently discovered Folger's gourment coffees and I love the Chocolate Truffle. It makes me feel like I'm cheating on my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I'm kind of addicted to our local shop. I don't know what they put in there, but I think it might be crack- because I keep going back. But, I did score some 8 o'clock coffee today for $1.50 a bag, so I'm going to have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...no Trader Joe's for us, either. I like my coffee strong enough to strip paint...my absolute favorite is Starbucks Sumatra. HOWEVER, it costs an arm and a leg, so I settle for whatever is brewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments, ladies! Heidi, I will have to check out the pumpkin pancakes. I have an unhealthy obsession with all things pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't remember the brand cause I always pour it into my freezer container but it's a Mocha Latte flavor, mmmm. Loves me some chocolate coffee. Then add french vanilla or hazelnut creamer!!! Mmmm. That is when I do drink coffee, I don't on a regular basis or I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer! Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your word frugalista. I'm not one but want to be. Actually, who doesn't have to be right now... my bloggy friends inspire me and make me feel like it's more of a game. Hint: I like to have fun!
    We don't have Trader Joe's in my part of the world. (Florida's panhandle) So sad- I've heard it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I'm a Waffle House Kid!!

    UP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trader Joe's is a place I love...I just don't live close to one =( Every time we visit my grandparents I stock up!

    ReplyDelete