Monday, March 15, 2010

Reuben Appetizers


These appetizers are a great St. Patty's Day (or anytime) treat. I made these for our Super Bowl party, and they were awesome! You can also try them with a small spoonful of sauerkraut between the corned beef and cheese (Mr. Incredible is not a big fan, so I skipped it).

Reuben Appetizers
1 loaf mini rye bread (I find it in front of the deli in the grocery store)
1 lb. deli corned beef
1 lb. deli swiss cheese
Sauerkraut (optional)
Thousand Island dressing for serving

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange slices of mini rye on a large baking sheet. Top with half a slice of corned beef, then 1/4-1/2 slice of swiss cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve with Thousand Island dressing. Enjoy!

Have any St. Patty's Day plans?

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

5 comments:

  1. wow...this brings back memories! My mom used to make these when I was growing up and it was always a treat when she did. I haven't thought of these in years. Maybe I'll have to try it out on my family!
    Thanks for sharing...I found you through Tasty Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! These sound delish! I love reubens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome, awesome recipe and idea! I love adapting regular recipes to make appetizers out of! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, J loves reubans, so I may have to try this sometime. It does seem like a good and unique app for a party! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I'm just extremely hungry this morning ... or very pregnant ... but I could totally eat these right now!

    ReplyDelete