Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Menu Update

I made three of the four things I had on the menu this weekend--success!




I ended up using this recipe for the Broccoli Potato Soup. Very similar to Jo-Lynne's, but I needed the actual measurements:) This soup is delicous, I found a keeper! I skipped the celery because I didn't have it on hand. I also used whole milk instead of skim. The recipe calls for 4 cups of potatos, but really should be cut down to 2 1/2 cups. You could also increase the broccoli for a better balance. I thought it was the perfect consistency, which is always hard for me to achieve. And, FYI, I used some homemade chicken stock from the freezer from when I made this Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot a few weeks ago (patting self on back).




The Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Pot Roast was just ok. I wasn't totally in love with it, but I'm glad I tried it!




The donuts were interesting. I'm pretty proud of myself for trying them (patting self on back again) anyway. The dough did not produce the consistency I am used to. They were ok, but not great. I'm sure as Kate says, you need to try it a few times to get the perfect (to you) result. But, I think I'm better off buying one donut at a time every once in a while. Because, really, my favorite is Boston Cream and I don't see myself getting THAT motivated anytime soon!

I did not get a chance to make the ribs, so I put them in the freezer. I may save them for our Super Bowl party.

Are you hosting/going to a Super Bowl party? Whatcha making?

4 comments:

  1. Ribs in the crockpot are spectacular!!! And so easy! We do it every time we can find ribs on sale. However, my landlord slow cooks them in the over at 200 after braising them on the grill and I must say they are divine that way too. I just love me some ribs any style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, ribs! I can't wait to try my hand at them. I found them for 1.88/lb the other week--can't beat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That is a great deal! Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That soup sounds wonderful. I'll have to try making it sometime!

    ReplyDelete