Monday, April 12, 2010

24: Jack's Not Coming Back


And, no one else for that matter. In case you missed it, 24 has been cancelled and this will be the final season. I'm a little sad 1) because it is the ONLY show Mr. Incredible will watch with me and 2) I really did like the show. But, I think it's run it's course. There are only so many plot lines they can recycle over and over again. If I have to watch one more scum bag get immunity from a phone call to the president, I may poke my eyes out!

We have watched the entire series from the beginning and I have some favorite characters: Jack Bauer (of course), Chloe O'Brian, Tony Almeida, David Palmer, Aaron Pierce, Bill Buchanan, Edgar Stiles, and Morris O'Brian.

And, then there are some that we just loved to hate: Nina Meyers and Sherry Palmer are my top picks!

Great Jack quote:
President Taylor: You resigned from government service, and the Senate regards you as having been a renegade agent. How am I supposed to know where your loyalties really lie?

Jack Bauer: With all due respect, Madam President, ask around. ("Day 7: 3:00pm-4:00pm")
 
Here are some of my favorite Chloe quotes:
 
 
 
Tony Almeida: There's a program for that?
Chloe O'Brian: No, so I wrote one for it.

Erin Driscoll: That's it Chloe, you're out of here.
Chloe O'Brian: I was going to quit anyway. ("Day 4: 10:00am-11:00am")

Chloe O'Brian: Edgar, I appreciate your concern. I really do. Just when I shot that guy, I thought I'd go all fetal position. But the truth is I didn't feel anything. At all. I hope I'm not some kind of a psychopath.
Edgar Stiles: Well he was trying to kill you.
Chloe O'Brian: Yeah but still.
Edgar Stiles: Maybe it's a delayed reaction kinda thing. Maybe you'll freak out about it in a couple days.
Chloe O'Brian: I hope so. ("Day 4: 2:00am-3:00am")

Chloe O'Brian: I was unfairly harsh to you a few minutes ago, I didn't mean anything.
Spenser Wolff: All right. Apology accepted.
Chloe O'Brian: It wasn't really an apology, it was more of an observation.

Chloe O'Brian: (to Former President Logan) I'm sorry, I'm feeling ambivalent. I'm going to go. ("Day 6: 6:00pm-7:00pm")

I'm sorry I gave up on my 24 recaps. We got so behind on watching and I didn't want to post the recaps weeks later. As it stands, we still haven't caught up on last week's two hour episode, so don't post any spoilers in the comments, k?

So, who's your favorite character? Any favorite quotes? What do you think will happen in the final episode?

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh! I just love Chloe's quotes. Thanks for bringing back some memories! 24 will sadly be missed in our house. My husband and I love it and Jack Bauer. But I've heard that there will be 2 hour movie...not sure if it will be a made-for-TV movie or a box office move. I've also heard that the last episode of 24 takes place in LA not NYC. Hmmmmm. Cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete