Monday, March 15, 2010

Reuben Appetizers


These appetizers are a great St. Patty's Day (or anytime) treat. I made these for our Super Bowl party, and they were awesome! You can also try them with a small spoonful of sauerkraut between the corned beef and cheese (Mr. Incredible is not a big fan, so I skipped it).

Reuben Appetizers
1 loaf mini rye bread (I find it in front of the deli in the grocery store)
1 lb. deli corned beef
1 lb. deli swiss cheese
Sauerkraut (optional)
Thousand Island dressing for serving

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange slices of mini rye on a large baking sheet. Top with half a slice of corned beef, then 1/4-1/2 slice of swiss cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve with Thousand Island dressing. Enjoy!

Have any St. Patty's Day plans?

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

5 comments:

  1. wow...this brings back memories! My mom used to make these when I was growing up and it was always a treat when she did. I haven't thought of these in years. Maybe I'll have to try it out on my family!
    Thanks for sharing...I found you through Tasty Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, awesome recipe and idea! I love adapting regular recipes to make appetizers out of! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, J loves reubans, so I may have to try this sometime. It does seem like a good and unique app for a party! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'm just extremely hungry this morning ... or very pregnant ... but I could totally eat these right now!

    ReplyDelete